Welcome to Tallinn!
The 11th IEEE Conference on Cognitive and Computational Aspects of Situation Management (CogSIMA) will be held as a virtual conference hosted by the Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia, May 14-21, 2021!
Organized by the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society's Technical Committee on Cognitive Situation Management, the CogSIMA conference series provides the premier venue for discussing complex heterogeneous dynamical systems - of interacting humans, machines, and computer agents - whose collective behavior depends on their cognitive capabilities to comprehend, explain, predict and act upon the surrounding operational situations.
Adhering to its successful interdisciplinary tradition, CogSIMA 2021 will provide an inspiring forum for scientists and practitioners from diverse backgrounds including cognitive science, computer science, artificial intelligence, psychology, and human factors.
Responding to many requests, the paper submission dates have been extended (final extension deadline):
- Feb 26: New Conference Dates: May 14-21.
- Feb 26: The acceptance notifications for regular and poster papers will be announced on March 8, 2021.
- Feb 22: We are pleased to announce that Dr. Gabriel Jakobson (CyberGem Consulting, USA) will instruct a tutorial on Introduction to Mission-Centric Cyber Security Situation Management.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Cogsima2021 will be held as a Virtual Conference hosted by the Tallinn University of Technology.
- Jan 8: [Final d]: Due to multiple requests, the regular and poster paper submission deadline is extended to
- Jan 7: We are pleased to announce that Prof. Katya Sycara (Carnegie Mellon University, USA) will present a keynote address Towards Theory of Mind for Effective Human-Autonomy Teaming.
- Nov 19: We are pleased to announce that Dr. William D. Casebeer (Riverside Research’s Open Innovation Center, USA) will present a keynote address
- Nov 16: [Deadline extension]: Due to multiple requests, the paper submission deadline is extended to Jan. 11, 2021
- Nov 16: We are pleased to announce that Prof. Susan Stepney (University of York, UK) will present a keynote address on Computation as a dynamical system.
- Nov 15: We are pleased to announce that Prof. Ross Anderson (University of Cambridge, UK) will present a keynote address on Situational awareness and adversarial machine learning.
- Nov 02: We are pleased to announce that Prof. Ann Bisantz (University at Buffalo, Buffalo, USA) and Dr. Emilie Roth (Roth Cognitive Engineering, Stanford, USA) will instruct a tutorial on Getting Support Right: User and Use System Testing using a Work-centered Approach.
- Oct 21: We are pleased to announce that Prof. William Lawless (Paine College, USA) will instruct a tutorial on Interdependence and vulnerability in systems: Applying theory to define situations for autonomous systems.
: With ongoing uncertainty around COVID-19, the OC decided that CogSIMA 2021 will be held as a virtual conference during May 14-21.
In order to deliver the best experience possible and accommodate attendees from different timezones, we are still fine-tuning the final schedule and the final conference dates could be updated. Please stay tuned!
For questions concerning CogSIMA 2021 contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Please stay tuned for further updates!