Celebrating the 10th anniversary conference!
We are proud to announce that the IEEE Conference on Cognitive and Computational Aspects of Situation Management (CogSIMA) will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2020!
Organized by the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society's Technical Committee on Cognitive Situation Management, the CogSIMA conference series provides the premier venue for discussing complex heterogeneous dynamical systems - of interacting humans, machines, and computer agents - whose collective behavior depends on their cognitive capabilities to comprehend, explain, predict and act upon the surrounding operational situations.
Adhering to its successful interdisciplinary tradition, CogSIMA 2020 will provide a stimulating forum for scientists and practitioners from diverse backgrounds to advance the field of cognitive situation management. We aim to bring together researchers from computer science, artificial intelligence, human factors, cognitive science, modeling and simulation, robotics, systems engineering, and related areas, to progress towards this ambitious goal.
Application areas include autonomous vehicles, command and control systems, disaster monitoring and recovery systems, human-robot teams, physical and cyber security situation awareness and cyber warfare systems, intelligent transportation systems, health care medical situation control systems, and many others.
- Poster Papers due: May 30, 2020
- Acceptance Notification: June 26, 2020
- Camera Ready due: July 6, 2020
Responding to many requests, the paper submission date has been extended:
- Regular & Poster Papers due:
Dec. 10, 2019Dec. 30, 2019
- Acceptance Notification: February 4, 2020
- Camera Ready due: March 6, 2020
- May 20: Prof. Nancy Cooke (Arizona State Univ., USA), Dr. Chris Myers (AFRL, USA) and their team will instruct a tutorial on designing synthetic teammates.
- May 13: Registration reopened.
- May 12: We are pleased to announce the reduced registration fees for the virtual conference.
- May 06: 2nd round poster submissions: Due May 30, please submit here.
- May 06: New conference dates: August 24-27, 2020
- Mar 10: COVID-19 update: Conference postponed! We are exploring alternative dates in August/September 2020. We will provide further updates soon.
Mar 9: Program outline posted.
- Mar 2: Conference registration: Wire transfer information updated.
- Mar 2: Prof. Paulo Costa (George Mason Univ., USA) will instruct a tutorial on Evaluating Uncertainty Techniques for Situation Awareness Information Fusion Systems.
- Feb 24: Conference registration is available.
- Feb 19: Keynotes schedule updated.
Feb 17: Hotel reservation at the group rate is available. Feb 14: Information on Venue and Travel added. Please check back for further updates!
- Feb 12: Special thanks goes to our great TPC for the thorough review process!
- Feb 5: We thank the International Society of Information Fusion (ISIF) for supporting us!
- Feb 5: Registration fees posted.
- Feb 3: Prof. Vladik Kreinovich (Univ. of Texas at El Paso, USA) will instruct a tutorial on Dealing with Uncertainties in Data Processing.
- Dec 9: Final (!) Extension: Paper submissions are due Dec. 30.
- Oct 22: We are pleased to announce that Prof. Edward L. Waltz will present a keynote address.
Oct 21: We are pleased to announce that cognitive neuroscientist and anthropologist Dr. Bob Deutsch will present a keynote address on artful thinking
- Oct 15: We are pleased to announce that Prof. Barry Smith (University at Buffalo, USA) will present a keynote address.
- Oct 4: Call for Workshops
For questions concerning CogSIMA 2020 contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Please stay tuned for further updates!