Program for 2016 International Conference on Platform Technology and Service (PlatCon)
Sunday, February 14
Sunday, February 14, 11:00 - 12:00
Sunday, February 14, 13:30 - 15:30
Sunday, February 14, 16:00 - 18:00
Monday, February 15
Monday, February 15, 09:00 - 09:30
Monday, February 15, 09:30 - 10:50
- Study on the Improvement Remedy of Digital Textbook's Application From Pre-Service Teachers' Perspectives
- This paper aims to explore the problems of digital textbooks that are currently applied to model schools and to figure out the change of junior teachers' perspectives about the digital textbook for the school field. The data of the present study were collected by open-ended questionnaire twice from colleges of education at H University in Korea in order to investigate learner perspectives toward the application of digital textbook. The results of the study can be divided into several factors and problems and those factors can be identified from the perspectives of teachers and learners. First, it would be necessary to practice digital literacy during pre-service teacher training in order to improve their teaching methods and strategies. Second, pre-service teachers need to learn and practice more structural teaching methods through a digital textbook in order to activate learners' cooperation and collaboration.
- A Study on the Flipped Instructional Model to Support Active and Interactive Learning
- The purpose of this study is to propose a flipped instructional model for literacy education in college liberal arts education by redesigning the conventional teacher-directed classroom into more interactive learner-directed classroom. This study investigates various issues related to flipped learning, especially with the concept of mastery learning and smart learning. In the flipped classroom, students study new and basic learning contents individually at home using various multimedia and smart technologies before attending classes. Then they apply their learning through interactive discussion and problem solving in class. Therefore, it is essential for educators to understand the process of redesigning the existing traditional curriculum into the flipped learning classes by considering course objectives as well as learner needs and styles.
- A Study on the Creative Art Curriculum for Young Children Through Virtual Intercultural Exchange
- The purpose of this study was to examine the procedure and meaning of creative art curriculum for young children through virtual intercultural exchange. The participants were 5 years old children in Korea, Puerto Rico, Thailand, Africa and teachers. Kozinets's Internet ethnography were reflected in this study. According to the research result, first, the application process were consisted of planning, implementation and assessment. Second, meaning of the creative art curriculum were global arts education as a means of spontaneous self-expression and prosocial education, the new challenge of the teachers for arts education and reflective growth, the extension and enlargement of the one-year education. The preschoolers learned to respect artistic diversity and to focus on common denominators, and they are eventually able to think and behave as future global citizens. The teachers found the curriculum to be effective and valuable, and decided to extend and enrich it.
- A Study on Korean EFL Pre-service Teachers' Motivations in Choosing Teaching as a Career
- The purpose of this study is to examine the Korean EFL (English as a foreign language) pre-service teachers' motivations of choosing English language teaching as their future profession and also investigate the possibilities of utilizing Google Forms as a data gathering and analyzing tool. A total of 102 students took part in this study and responded to a network-based online survey using Google Forms with the questionnaire of 30 motivational factors that had influenced them to choose English teaching as a future profession when entering university. What motivated EFL pre-service teachers to choose teaching as their career was investigated using the adapted FIT-Choice scale (Factors Influencing Teaching choice scale). This study revealed that the main motivational factors for Korean EFL pre-service teachers' decision to become English teachers were the intrinsic motivations. The next important motivational factors were altruistic motivations followed by extrinsic motivations. This study also revealed that online survey tools such as Google Forms could serve as the convenient and easy-accessible research tool for gathering and analyzing data.
- Practical Additive Homomorphic Encryption for Statistical Analysis Over Encrypted Data
- Homomorphic encryption scheme is one of useful tools for handling encrypted sensitive information. However, most of existing schemes have not been widely used in practical applications due to their inefficiency. In this paper, we give an additive homomorphic encryption scheme which can be used for evaluating some statistical information, such as the mean and the variance. To compute the information without the multiplicative homomorphism, we devise a message encoding technique and design a new additive homomorphic encryption by applying our encoding technique to Paillier's scheme which supports the additive homomorphism. Note that our scheme is the first additive homomorphic encryption which supports the evaluation of both the mean and the variance of encrypted data. We also propose some modifications of our scheme to improve the practicality. One of remarkable advantages of our message encoding technique is that it can be applied to any additive homomorphic encryption for supporting the above mentioned statistical operations.
- A Study on Efficient Log Visualization Using D3 Component Against APT
- APT attack has caused chaos in society since 2006. Especially, the vulnerability of the infrastructure is exposed to the outside a lot due to the development of the IT infrastructure in Korea. APT attack causes negative publicity for the company and financial damage. On December 2014, KHNP which manages nuclear power plants had an accident in which their valuable data was leaked. The Cyber terrorist had been threatening KHNP through Twitter and disclosed the data. Cyber-attack threats were visible in the past. But currently, APT attacks were invisible and focused on confidential data. Current commercial SIEM has the ability to visualize the correlation analysis and the log. But the security officer takes a lot of time to understand the visualized security logs. For these reasons, we have developed a SIEM solution based on open-source program such as D3 component which results in decreasing the cost of the program. In addition, we analyzed the D3 components which can visualize the security logs, and matched D3 components with the security logs. In this paper, we propose the visualization methods using D3 components for analyzing the security logs efficiently.
- Detecting Text Similarity on a Scalable No-SQL Database Platform
- The paper looks at the platform scalability problem for near-to-similar document detection tasks. The application areas for the proposed approach include plagiarism detection and text filtering in data leak prevention systems. The paper reviews limitations of the current solutions based on the relational DBMS and suggests data structure suitable for implementation in no-SQL databases on the highly scalable clustered platforms. The proposed data structure is based on "key-value" model and it does not depend on the shingling method used to encode the text. The proposed model was implemented on the clustered MongoDB platform and tested with the large dataset on the platform that was scaled up horizontally during the experiment. The experiments indicated the applicability of the proposed approach to near-to-similar document detection
- An Adaptive Transcursive Algorithm for Depth Estimation for Deep Learning Networks
- Estimation of depth in a Neural Network (NN) or Artificial Neural Network (ANN) is an integral as well as complicated process. In this article, we propose a way of using the transformation of functions combined with recursive nature to have an adaptive, transcursive algorithm to represent the backpropagation concept used in deep learning for a Multilayer Perceptron Network. Each function can be used to represent a hidden layer used in the neural network and they can be made to handle a complex part of the processing. Whenever an undesirable output occurs, we transform (modify) the functions until a desirable output is obtained. We have an algorithm that uses the transcursive model to create an interpretation of the concept of deep learning using multilayer perceptron network (MPN).
Monday, February 15, 10:50 - 11:10
Monday, February 15, 11:10 - 12:30
- Security Through Authentication Infrastructure in Open Maritime Cloud
- The Maritime Cloud is the term used to describe the concept of an infrastructure that support authorized, seamless information transfer, as requested by the IMO e-navigation strategy, and as derived from testbeds focused on e-navigation. This paper proposes a lightweight user authentication protocol where the MQTT(Message Queue Telemetry Transport) type protocol registers unique topic values from the user to send the value to a server through the QoS(Quality of Service) 2 method and lightweight usage information measurement protocol where the transmission of usage information for communication service measurement consumes less mobile device resources. This paper proposes a lightweight user authentication protocol where the protocol registers unique topic values from the user to send the value to a server through the QoS method and lightweight usage information measurement protocol where the transmission of usage information for communication service measurement consumes less mobile device resources in maritime cloud environment.
- Detection and Response of Identity Theft Within a Company Utilizing Location Information
- Accidents of information leakage and system hacking caused by identity theft in the organization/company have happened frequently. Many companies make a lot of efforts to prevent account theft such as access control, multi-factor authentication, encryption, and response to malicious code. It is not easy to apply them to the company because of less efficiency and inconvenience. In this paper, countermeasure against the threat of hacking is presented with the methods which is low-cost and with low false detection. The methods do not infringe privacy and decrease the efficiency of work through detection of identity theft by utilizing the physical information of employees.
- Secure Mutual Authentication Protocol for RFID Based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- In recent times, radio frequency identification-based systems are one of the most widely spread applications for tagging and keep tracking purposes. This is due to their powerful features compared to their counterparts of similar techniques such as barcodes. In contrast, radio frequency identification systems suffer from various attacks and security threats. The wireless channel used for communication is responsible for the majority of these vulnerabilities. In this paper, we propose a new radio frequency identification authentication protocol based on elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) in order to eliminate these vulnerabilities. In addition, we use elliptic curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) key agreement protocol to generate a temporary shared key used to encrypt the later transmitted messages. Our protocol achieves a set of security properties likes mutual authentication, anonymity, confidentiality, forward security, location privacy, resistance of man-in-the-middle attack, resistance of replay attack and resistance of impersonation attack.
- Dempster-Shafer Fusion Based Gender Recognition for Speech Analysis Applications
- Speech signals carry valuable information about the speaker including age, gender, and emotional state. Gender information can act as a vital preprocessing ingredient for enhancing speech analysis applications including adaptive human-machine interfaces, multi-modal security applications, and sophisticated intent and context analysis based forensic systems. In uncontrolled environments like telephone speech applications, the gender recognition system should be adaptive, accurate, and robust to noisy environments. This paper presents a reasoning method governed by Dempster-Shafer theory of evidence for automatic gender recognition from telephone speech. The proposed method uses mel-frequency cepstral coefficients with a support vector machine to generate the initial prediction results for individual speech segments. The reasoning scheme collects and validates results from support vector machine and treats convincing predictions as valid evidence. It is argued that the consideration of valid evidence in the reasoning process improves recognition performance by avoiding unconvincing classification results. Experiments conducted on large speech datasets reveal the superiority of the proposed gender recognition scheme for speech analysis applications.
- Impact of Dynamic Scheduling for Dual Core Architecture Using VHDL
- Recently, computer industry has switched to multi-core rather than single core processors. Most high-performance design also have cores with speculative dynamic instruction scheduling done in hardware, which will try to eliminate all the data and control hazards. The main purpose of this technique is to increase the average number of instructions executed per clock cycle. By using such a dynamic scheduling approach, it is also possible to know how much ILP can be achieved in a single core or dual-core architecture. By adding dynamic scheduling to this simple architecture, most of the benchmarks had about 30% improvement in its cycle count using modelsim simulator provided by Altera corp. When dual core architecture was used with the dynamic scheduling, there was about 60% improvement in the cycle count. Finally, it can be noted that the increase in the hardware was about twice, but the overall improvement was about 60% only. In the future, it would be interesting to compare this hardware scheduling to software scheduling. If all these things can be achieved in software scheduling, it would be of less important with modern multi-core architectures to accomplish this improvement by hardware.
- The Impact of Cloud Technology on the Automation of Businesses
- Studies reveal that 70% of our IT finance is used in maintaining the traditional IT System, while merely 30% is utilized in enhancing its productivity, efficiency and innovation. This intensifies the need for a computer solution which provides technology designed at high performance, availability, greater reliability, rapid mass scalability, cost reduction that facilitates higher growth and increased flexibility. With the immensely rapid rate at which the world is progressing, organizations find it exceedingly challenging to constantly maintain and advance the quality and efficiency of their businesses. Reliance on traditional IT models and man power results not only in a loss of quality but also an increase in the cost incurred. This project aims to increase the productivity of business, especially small scale businesses that can't afford expensive infrastructure, by automating jobs that can be carried out mechanically, but are currently being executed by humans due to the dearth of cheap technology that business can rely on.The objective of this project was to develop an inexpensive mobile application, which automatically monitors the attendance of the employees of an organization. To achieve this objective an openstack cloud server is deployed and an iBeacon is integrated with the server.
- A Study on the Fundamental Properties, Feature and Usage of Cloud Simulators
- Cloud computing is one of the key innovations in this era of technology. Fuelling us into a century of massively distributed cloud applications and services, cloud applications can be accessed with the greatest of ease simply via a web browser. As we advance further into this world of cloud computing, it is highly essential to develop methods to gauge the performance level of the cloud environment. Currently, modelling and simulation technology are the main methods in use to carry out the evaluations. Numerous cloud simulators like CloudSim, techcloud, Greencloud, cloudnet and simizer have specifically been designed for analyzing and examining the performance of the various cloud computing environments. The main objective of this project was to study a few of the existing cloud simulators and to learn about their fundamental properties, features and usage, in order to efficiently use the existing system to experiment and test out applications before their deployment in a real time environment.
Monday, February 15, 12:30 - 14:00
Monday, February 15, 14:00 - 15:10
Monday, February 15, 15:10 - 15:30
Monday, February 15, 15:30 - 16:50
- Establishing a Cloud-Based Indigenous Elementary School E-Learning System Assimilating Into Indigenous Culture for Health Science Education - South-Paiwan Tribe Experience
- Differences in cultural and the convenience of obtaining information expose a significant difference in the effectiveness of learning between Indigenous and non-Indigenous students. Indigenous students frequently misunderstand the content and examples provided by the teachers, and cultural constraint is an important factor in learning. This study created a new learning system with information technology for Indigenous students. We established and integrated indigenous culture into a cloud-based Indigenous elementary school e-learning system. Students can read e-books online and study new vocabularies with teachers' explanations. Moreover, students can engage in exercises after completing very segment of a whole lesson. After finishing the course, students take an examination for evaluating the learning effects. All examples used in the e-books match the students' culture and lifestyle and can facilitate their understanding of the contents. We administered the test teaching course at 4 aboriginal elementary schools and found that the average score has improved significantly(p<0.001) by 4 degrees(out of 40 in the Attitude of Health Posture) and shown that this e-learning system can enhance learning capability. In addition, we conducted a questionnaire to survey user satisfaction with this e-learning system, and the results show that most of the students (84.6%) were satisfied with the system.
- Relations Between Science Activities of STEAM and Job Choice on High School Students
- The purpose of this study is to find out how students recognize science experiential activities of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) in high school and to analyze how they effect on students' choice of job and to suggest improvements of activities to have impact on students positively. The conclusions of research result are as follows. First, Students remembered individual science experiential activities of STEAM more than group science experiential activities. The practical experience to design and reconstruct experiment of STEAM raises their interests in science and it was an opportunity to experience scientist's work as a future job. Second, science experiential activity of STEAM affected to students' choice of job path positively. Students' interests in the job which they have dreamed of were increased and their vision to job was broadened through science experiential activities. A meeting with specialist and expert related to job among science experiential activities became a motivation to search detailed job path and to rediscover their own aptitude and interests through active searching and activities.
- The Effectiveness of Cultural Inclusive Health Education Pedagogy for Taiwan Indigenous Elementary Students Through e-Platform
- To build the confidence and to promote the general interest on learning science for indigenous children, we had redesigned the course of health education classes of Taiwanese indigenous elementary schools, in particularly for the fifth grade students of Tayal, Paiwan and Bunun tribes. The purposes of the study was to investigate the outcome and impact of our newly designed indigenous culture inclusive health science education program, particularly on the changes of attitudes, knowledge and behaviors in related to a healthy life style. It was a quasi-experimental study included a pre-post test design with an experimental group and a control group. Participants were 5th grade students from Taiwan indigenous elementary school (namely Tayal, Paiwan and Bunun). The health sciences textbooks were developed based on two core knowledge systems: the first one was from the "empirical science" which examines aboriginal traditional knowledge and combines it with modern evidence-based scientific knowledge. The experimental group students undertook 8 weeks program including teaching courses, activities at the school and a behavioral checklist at home. The results showed that, experimental group students among three tribes had substantially enhancing outcome in acquiring health science knowledge. But the results in acquiring healthy attitude and behavior were vary. With these results, we concluded that a positive outcome and impact had been obtained in our program. And, it might be one of the key solutions to the health disparity. Currently, we have developed a cloud-based e-learning platform similar to our previous one (1). . In the future, we will assess the outcome and impact of our e-learning platform.
- Organizational Benefits of Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) System in Pakistan
- Electronic prescribing i.e. e-prescribing is also known as Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE). It is a computer-aided system which offers the health professionals a robust platform for entering the prescription, recommended-tests, suggestions, etc. for the patients electronically rather than manually. Due to paucity of below-normal healthcare infrastructure and facilities in Pakistan which are available around the world in this modern world, there is an observable overburden on the health professionals and practitioners. Computerized Physician order entry (CPOE) system has shown to be very effective in minimizing the medication errors. Majority of the health professionals are of the view that CPOE is beneficial for both patient as well as health professionals themselves. They have shown a great deal of interest in the adoption of this new technology oriented system in our healthcare system. The results state clearly that this system is equally beneficial for organizations who want to adopt this system as perceived by the health professionals. Overall it supports the idea of adoption and implementation of CPOE in healthcare facilities in both public and private healthcare institutes. CPOE must be adopted to ease the healthcare system for patients as well as support healthcare professionals.
- Towards Reducing Energy Consumption Using Inter-Process Scheduling in Preemptive Multitasking OS
- In this paper, we propose a new approach to efficiently reduce energy consumption when running multithreaded processes concurrently. Current proportional sharing schedulers of general purpose OSs don't take into account greedy behavior of multithreaded process (processes with more threads receive more aggregate CPU time from the scheduler relative to processes with fewer threads) when scheduling threads. In order to reduce energy consumption for simultaneous multithreaded (SMT) architectures, we investigate the effect of adjusting the weights of running sibling threads (threads forked from the same process) using novel proportional sharing scheduler, Thread Weight Readjustment Scheduler (TWRS), which aims to reduce the greedy behavior and the number of context switches. The context switches time is a pure overhead because the system does no useful work while switching. Reducing such overhead leads to minimizing energy consumption. TWRS provides a practical solution for multitasking OSs because it operates in concert with existing kernels. We have implemented our proposed scheduler in Linux 2.6.24. Linux 2.6.24 represents Completely Fair Scheduler (CFS). The proposed scheduler based on a modification on the Linux kernel to schedule multithreaded processes in a multitasking OS environment. Our evaluation shows that our scheduler reduces energy consumption.
- Development of Human Body Reaction Information Measurement System Based on Color Environments
- Recently, the studies using the color illumination to analyze various physiological and psychological changes are being actively investigated. Therefore, in this paper, we proposed a system to collect information through smart devices using the apps development based on the color environment. However, the composition of the complete color environment of the existing studies in the visual environment was difficult. So, to supplement this problem, the color environment was configured using a smart device of the HDM. It was configured to collect the vital signs through the BMS (Bio-Medical-System). The collection of vital signs by the proposed system will be based on the physiological quantification analysis and new markers development and analysis patterns in the color environment. Through implementing this, the proposed system expects to help in medical diagnosis and treatment as well as in developing programs for the patient rehabilitation.
- QoS Optimizer
- DDS(Data Distribution Service) defines various types of QoS(Quality of Service) policy. By setting these QoS policies appropriately, various communication capabilities can be provided. However, it is difficult to find optimal QoS combination and their values for a certain system or service amongst many combinations. This study proposes a mechanism to identify a suitable QoS combination for a specific system or a communication environment. The suggested QoS Optimizer collects monitoring information or events from DDS nodes, and then analyzes them to find the best combination of QoS policies with their values. It automatically updates the QoS profile of a node based on the analysis. By repeating these procedures, the optimal QoS Profile is obtained and the performance of data communication is improved.
Monday, February 15, 16:50 - 17:10
Monday, February 15, 17:10 - 18:30
- Framework of Lot Order Pegging for Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Presented in the paper are a framework and applications of a lot pegging system for semiconductor manufacturing. The lot pegging system evaluates the completion times and the status of lots assigned to customers' orders, and informs the resulting information to the Marketing & Sales and the customers for customer service. For the non-memory semiconductor, it is critical to estimate the delivery time of each demand and report the production status pegged to their customers. The proposed lot pegging system is being implemented for several IC chip makers in Korea and the prospect so far is quite promising, but more rigorous analysis and evaluation of the proposed OMS have yet to be made.
- Situation Based Dynamic Planning for Dialog Support with Hierarchical Knowledge
- Every conversation has its own goal, which is changed depending on the situation. The dialog supporting system should recognize the changes and react to them. In order to help in implementing this system, we propose a model of dynamic planning based on the situation. In order to achieve the separation of concerns, the system architecture is structured in three tiers. For describing the situation and finding its relevant plan to get to the goal state, knowledge is employed. The knowledge is constructed in three layers of cooperation, situation based planning, and domain description. With these knowledge hierarchy and loosely coupling architecture, this model can be easily adapted to other domains
- A Case Study for the Enhanced Performance Measurement Model in Mobile Business Environment
- Due to drastic growth of mobile customers in recent days, mobile business has brought a paradigm shift and expanded its application areas with mass production of various mobile business fields. Consequently, diverse attempts are being made in order to analyze the mobile business for its successful performance. In this work, we propose performance metrics to measure the performance of mobile business and suggest the enhanced performance measurement model for analyzing the mobile business using proposed performance metrics. The performance metrics are categorized into two types, customer retention and product engagement, according to the characteristics of each mobile businesses. We automatically collected the raw data from mobile applications and the crawling data from mobile market in order to measure performance metrics of mobile business and statistically analyzed the two performance metrics above using big data processing system based on cloud environment. In this work, we suggest the enhanced performance measurement model in mobile business environment and present the results analyzed with the proposed model as case study. The proposed model should support efficient decision making in mobile business field such as mobile marketing and mobile commerce.
- Study of Market Scale and Share Estimation Methodology on Effective Feasibility Analysis of Government R&D Program Related to Information Technology
- Standardizing the various benefits and performance features of the different government R&D programs is difficult. This is largely because each of them involves a wide variety of necessary research. In order to minimize benefit distinctions--the difference in benefit between the proposal and the alternative--the OECD benefit assessment report was examined. Associated Research results and benefit distinctions from preliminary feasibility data were also used to draw benefit estimation hindrance factors. Analytic Hierarchy Process is used to identify the relative importance rank of benefit estimation hindrance factors. If Independence between benefit estimation hindrance factors fails to satisfy the evaluation criteria then, a model based on the fuzzy measure is applied. This is for drawing optimal evaluation results, In order to know the correlation between benefit distinctions and benefit estimation hindrance factors ordered digit model is utilized. The application of big data technique is used as a means to collect extensive trend data and adequately capture technology trends. In this paper, the R&D program related to Information Technology was classified into four categories (First-mover, Catch-up, Data existence). Finally a methodology for extracting a relevant market scale and a market share data is proposed
- A Real-Time Combination of Text-Mining Methods for Flexible Movie Recommendation in Human Robot Interaction
- For more realistic human-robot interaction, a robot should be able to flexibly respond to human's linguistic expressions that are not predefined in situations of face-to-face communication. However, most robots currently employ a limited response method in which they only react when the human speaks predefined words or sentences in a dictionary. This has been regarded as a limitation to the practical application of robots in real life. In this study, a text mining-based recommendation method was developed for robots to understand the meaning of exceptional human speech and obtain knowledge by using many external corpora with related data or knowledge based on the content of human speech. Tf-idf and LDA are combined to increase the recommendation accuracy.
- UX Design Guideline for Health Mobile Application to Improve Accessibility for the Visually Impaired
- A Health Mobile Application(App) has enabled users to access personal health record at any time and place. An App should offer options to display information in formats accessible to the visually impaired, however, not all Apps have been published with this point taken into account. As an App provides health service to users, it is crucial for an App to be accessible to every user. However, it is often an App does not provide proper visual aid for users who are visually impaired. A specific type of visual impairment is considered, retinitis pigmentosa (RP), a rare type of hard-to-treat progressive disease. We restrict the range of visually impaired to retinitis pigmentosa(RP) patients in this paper. RP is a rare type of progressive retinal disease which is hard to cure. Unfortunately, there are no established guidelines to assist RP patients in using their degrading sense of vision. In this paper, we review MWAG(Mobile Web Accessibility Guidelines) specified by W3C and analyze the UX designs of 140 popular health apps chosen based on the number of download counts in app stores and we propose a set of standard-compliant UX design guidelines to assist the visually impaired(RP) in accessing visual data.
- Development of Interactive Chatting Game Base on Sentiment Analysis Method
- In online game, storytelling is one of the most important factors that motivates game play. Experience of this narrative is delivered through various storytelling techniques . Recently, there has been a lot of interest in developing embodied conversational agents (ECA) with multimodal interfaces. Among multimodal interfaces, natural language processing methods are most promising techniques in commercial game development side. Traditionally in game industry, the dialogue between player and virtual agent in game was conducted by selecting player's replay among 2~3 candidate sentences. But recent advances in natural language process enable player's sentence input in interactive drama game. In this paper, we propose interactive chatting game based on sentiment analysis of player's input sentence. In order to understand player's emotions, we construct web-query based sentiment databases, and uses it with similarity comparison method. Our result could show that emergent narrative enables re-playable experience with natural language process technique in commercial online game.
- Shortest Path Navigation for a Mix of Undirected and One-Way Roads Using k-SPT Method
- This paper focuses on the shortest path navigation using map database. The k-shortest path query in this paper is described as follows. Given a departure point, a destination point and a set of candidate transit points, a computer system will return the shortest path that includes the candidate transit points. The k-shortest path (k-SPT) method was proposed to evaluate k-shortest path query efficiently. However, previous k-SPT method does not work correctly if map database includes one-way roads. In this paper, a problem of k-SPT method is explained, and a modified version of k-SPT is proposed that works correctly for map database that includes a mix of undirected and one-way roads.
Monday, February 15, 19:00 - 20:30
Tuesday, February 16
Tuesday, February 16, 09:30 - 10:50
- Digital Forensic Technology Management Platform
- With the proliferation of digital devices and the digitalization of the society in general, the analysis of digital devices has become essential for the solution of many cases and accidents. Therefore, many experts around the world are actively researching on efficient methods of investigating digital forensics. As a result, many subjects of digital forensics investigation and various analysis technologies have been published for several decades. This trend is expected to continue, and more extensive information will be published in the future, but further processing and efforts are needed before putting together the research results from various environments and utilizing them for investigations. This inconvenience can pose a burden for analysts of all levels, and can make it difficult to solve cases through an organic analysis of the various digital evidences present at the scene of the crime. To address this difficulty, a management platform that allows the easy accumulation and convenient use of the numerous subjects and technologies for digital forensic analysis that exist at present and that will be developed in the future was developed in this study.
- Parallel Implementations of SIMON and SPECK
- In these day, demands of light-weight block cipher algorithm which can support various platform, architecture and block/key size efficiently have been increasing. The N.S.A (National Security Agency) proposed SIMON and SPECK block ciphers in 2013. SIMON and SPECK support various block size such as 16, 32, 64-bit and key size such as 64, 96, 128, and so on. There are also a lot of researches on implementation of SIMON and SPECK block cipher on various platform and architecture such as on ASIC, AVR(8-bit), MSP430(16-bit), ARM(32-bit), and Intel core. We propose efficient ARM-NEON implementation, optimization methods and implementation results of SIMON and SPECK block cipher by using ARM-NEON SIMD techniques. With these methods, we enhance performance of SIMON and SPECK by 30.3 and 68.9%, compared to previous results respectively.
- Distinguishing Attack on XO-64
- XO-64 block cipher provides a high performance with small hardware requirement in implementation. It is designed in improvement of high applicability, high flexibility, and high reliability in fast and efficient telecommunication system, based on conception of data-dependent operation (DDO); same as some other ciphers MD-64, KT-64, Eagle-64, Eagle-128...; and substitution permutation network (SPN). Besides achieving high-speed rate in FPGA devices, this cipher also shows high secure against known attacks, such as differential attack, linear attack. In this paper, by constructing related-key differential characteristics with high probability on 6-round reduced XO-64, we explore the possibility to distinguish between a 6-round reduced XO-64 and a 64-bit random permutation. A distinguishing attack on a 6-round reduced XO-64 is proposed, requires complexities of 2^44 in data, 2^47 in memory, and 2^65 in computation time. In future, our attack method is expected to extend to related-key recovery attack on this cipher algorithm, and other ciphers with same type of structure designs so far.
- A Literature Review: Usability Aspects of Ubiquitous Computing
- We live in a digital world which controls our physical environment. The increasing use of wireless network supports these digital devices to use mostly people. People prefer mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets to personal computers or laptops. This brings that accessing to information and services is available any time and everywhere. This can be called ubiquitous computing. There is a high demand of pervasive computing applications and they have grown in the last years. However, a large group of people do not engage with these developments. This attracted the researchers to think this problem and they link it with usability of systems. In this study we reviewed 37 the articles which published on usability of ubiquitous computing. Within the scope of this study, the first stage is defining ubiquitous and usability. In the second stage, this paper organizes and classifies the literature on the area in order to facilitate future research. The review covers 37 peer-reviewed journal articles from 18 journals published between 2000 and 2014. In the third stage we examined 3 articles in detail. The resulting framework summarizes the progress in usability studies on pervasive computing environments research and provides future research directions.
- Ubiquitous Healthcare Platform for Chronic Patients
- Nowadays attentions are given to u-healthcare systems for the prevention and management of disease in chronic patients requiring long-term care to reduce medical expense and provide high-quality medical services. In this paper, a novel u-healthcare platform for caring chronic patients used care professionals is proposed, comprised of a compact bio-signal acquisition terminal, smart phone application that transfers multiplex bio-signals to the health management server, and health management server that monitors the bio-signals and analyzes a patient's health state. The platform collects various bio-signals from the patients using the acquisition terminal, and automatically monitors their bio-data, analyzes the state of their health and alarms on symptoms of any illness
- Middleware Support for Dynamic Sensing Applications
- Sensing systems are moving out of the lab and into the real world, where they are being applied in a growing range of application scenarios. In order to increase effectiveness and efficacy as well as the return on investment, sensor systems must increasingly become easily reconfigurable and adjustable, in order to support system evolution and optimization. Currently, software technologies for Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) lack the feature of dynamic sensing. This proposed project tackles the critical problem of developing software technologies and specifically middleware support that reduces the complexity of developing and managing dynamic sensing systems. Achieving this vision within the resource constraints of contemporary systems requires a radical rethinking of classic middleware design and the development of a suite of efficient supporting tools. This papers presents our on-going research which focuses on enhancing the component model along with features of dynamic sensing, with innovative components implemented based on the middleware platform LooCI (The Loosely-coupled Component Infrastructure), which has gained widespread popularity. Technological outcomes of this research will be validated in the domain of logistics, but their applications can extend to various industrial areas.
- Vertical Handover Decision Based on RBF Approach for Ubiquitous Wireless Networks
- Next generation wireless networks are integrated the multiple wireless access technologies in order to provide the users with the best connection. The vertical handover decision algorithm is an important role to guarantee the seamless mobility in single mobile terminal. In this paper, we apply the radial basis function neural network (RBFNN) for the decision making process in vertical handover based on received signal strength, mobile speed and monetary cost metrics. The simulation results indicate that the proposed approach outperforms in reducing the unnecessary handover and connection dropping but increasing the grade of service with comparing the other two methods as threshold and back propagation neural network.
Tuesday, February 16, 10:50 - 11:10
Tuesday, February 16, 11:10 - 12:30
- Effects of Dictogloss on Korean Students' L2 Learning - A Review for Research Synthesis
- The purpose of this study is to investigate the general effect of dictogloss, which is an English teaching approach in Korean EFL. Fifty seven research cases from twenty two studies were used in the meta-analysis. Each study was classified in terms of research target participants (elementary, middle, and high school students), treatment period, and dependent variables. Dependent variables were divided into two categories; one is linguistic competence such as listening, reading, speaking, writing, grammar, and vocabulary, and the other is affective domain including interest and confidence. The research results using a meta-analysis suggest that there is a positive effect (g=.511) in the use of dictogloss.
- Korean Students' Perception of the Curriculum for Creativity and Personal Character
- For the students to live in the rapidly changing world and be a member of this global village in the 21st century, three competences purported by the Korea Education and Research Information Service(KERIS) are developing basic skills, building an upright personal character and career enhancement. Major core contents of the 2009 revised curriculum are creativity and personal character education. The purpose of this study is to investigate how the students perceive the creativity and personal character education conducted in the revised 2009 curriculum. The survey regarding the creativity and personal character education was carried out to find the effect of the creativity and personal character education from the students' point of view. 4,141 students participated in the survey, and the participants completed the survey online.
- Twitter News in Education Platform for Collaborative Learning
- Traditional NIE (Newspaper in Education), which is the study of how to utilize any educational resources in the newspaper in the classroom, has been studied for a long time. However, it has a one-way interaction characteristic and available media are limited. In addition, it has difficulty capturing the latest "hot" issues or recognizing any public opinions. In this paper, we propose a platform called TNIE (Twitter News in Education) that utilizes Twitter news in education. TNIE has many advantages compared to traditional NIE: (i) it provides a classification of the latest news on various topics to the learners, (ii) classified news content can be browsed effectively via a hierarchical visualization scheme, and (iii) effective discussion or debate groups can be easily made from the learners based on their selection of the news. To evaluate the performance of our scheme, we implemented a prototype system and performed several experiments. We also had volunteers use our prototype system and evaluate its main functions. We report some of these evaluation results.
- WISE: a Wearable Platform for Performer-guided Mixed-reality Interactive Performance Art
- Mixed-reality interactive performance is a new style of performance art that is able to facilitate impromptu interactions among dancers and virtual characters in real-time. In this paper, we present the design of a full-stack wearable integration platform, called WISE (Wearable Item Service runtimE), that support such performance art behind the scene. WISE deals core issues such as connectivity, manageability, context-awareness, and simplicity of the performance art. The experiment results show that the platform is stable and is able to drive the performance smoothly. Finally, to demonstrate the feasibility, a live interactive show called Future Circus based on the proposed platform is realized and were publicly performed.
- A Collaborative Space and Its Entities: The Importance of Roles and Relationship of Entities
- In computer-supported collaborative work (CSCW), role based access right (RBAC) is commonly accepted for controlling access to resources. Later, this role concept has been widely adopted into other CSCW research areas where it is known as role based management (RBM). However, RBM is studied within its limited scope without considering role in a bigger scale that covers various CSCW entities. Thus, complications occur when these separate entities try to work together. Most of the integrations are perform during execution time where users become the medium of integration by playing multiple roles. Such integration is burden to users. Therefore, this research proposes to use role as the center of management to integrate these separate entities. It is achieved through two objectives. First objective is to identify various entities that are managed by RBM in CSCW environment and second, is to discover the relationship between these entities. To achieve both objectives, various RBM are studies via content analysis to extract the important entities and to establish their relationships. Finally the finding is illustrated by Collaborative Space model where it exhibits the entities and their relationship. The model supports structured and comprehensive role-based management of CSCW.
- Usable Authentication Mechanisms for Mobile Devices: An Exploration of 3D Graphical Passwords
- Current authentication systems in mobile devices such as smart phones have many shortcomings. Users tend to use simple textual passwords such as PINs, which are easily cracked by intruders. Meanwhile, graphical passwords suffer from shoulder surfing attack. In this paper, a new authentication system using 3D graphical passwords, will be proposed and tested to offer more security for mobile devices. This authentication system allows users to interact with the 3D objects in a 3D virtual environment and these actions are tracked in the virtual environment and used to create unique passwords. Based on the previous studies of the 3D password scheme, this paper developed a simple testing program that enables users to create their own 3D password easily. At the end of the paper, some improvements of the program and this authentication system are discussed.
Tuesday, February 16, 12:30 - 14:00
Tuesday, February 16, 14:00 - 15:10
: 30 min. presentation + 5 min. QnA
"Modern Software Engineering and Ancient Philosophy"
presented by Mr. Guenjun Yoo
Lead Solutions Engineer for Asia Pacific, PERFORCE Software
: 30 min. presentation + 5 min. QnA
"Microsoft Trusted Cloud"
presented by Dr. Jong Whoi Shin
Chief Information Security Officer, Microsoft Korea, Korea
Tuesday, February 16, 15:10 - 15:30
Tuesday, February 16, 15:30 - 16:50
- Case Study of Flipped Learning in Pre-service Science Teachers Class
- This study planned lectures on 'theory of science education' for pre-service science teachers with flipped learning teaching method, and applied them to classes. Through this, the study aimed to explore applicability of flipped learning teaching-learning method, and gain implications regarding practical ways of flipped learning classes. Flipped learning emphasizes learner-oriented 'learning', from teacher-oriented 'teaching'. It is a teaching method that the most affected classes can be made with student-oriented activities, hence flipped learning draws active learning of students, mate-support learning and advantages of problem-solving learning. In flipped learning classes, a place for an active communication was provided, where students met friends of the same age, spent time together, sympathized with each other and received support.
- Review and Suggestion for Teachers' Beliefs Research on Teaching English as a Lingua Franca
- Globalisation has led to English becoming a world lingua franca among people who do not share a common first language. This distinctive nature of the contemporary use of English led to arguments of that English belongs to not only Native Speakers (NSs) but also Non-native Speakers (NNSs) and NNSs are legitimate users of English with their own rights. Teaching only NS standard English could be harmful to the cultivation of learners' ability to communicate with future interlocutors from diverse linguacultural backgrounds. However, so far ELF pedagogy has been mostly discussed at only a conceptual level and pedagogical research is scarce. In order to suggest direction for future pedagogical research, this paper focuses on teacher cognition research in the field of ELF. We begin with reviews of two key concepts of ELF. After identifying the limitations of the existing research on ELF oriented teacher cognition, we suggest that 'critical language awareness' as a core concept in teacher training programme. Later in this paper, it is argued that critical language awareness can effectively contribute to raising teachers' aware of the plurilithic nature of English and the socio-political ideology attached to the current ELT practice.
- Automating Web Tasks by Simulating Browser Behaviors
- In most scenarios, people rely on Web browsers to access online Web-based systems. To make automation of Web tasks useful, integration is usually required, however, the current Web infrastructure imposes huge limitations on this. Besides, Web sites themselves may be an obstacle to automation. Web sites are intended to be operated by human beings. With such a design concept in mind, many Web sites highly rely on human intervention. In this research, the goal is to develop a framework that makes automation involving heterogeneous Web-based systems easier. With the proposed framework, users simply provide a set of configuration files and our tool will "execute" Web pages according to the specified configurations. In such a way, integrating Web-based systems becomes much easier.
- Transaction Authentication Scheme Based on Enhanced Signature RTD for NFC Payment Service Environments
- Recently, the combination of mobile and NFC aroused great momentum for Activation of NFC services market. Especially, the realization of mobile NFC payment services is expected to go commercial, and it is widely attracting attention both on a domestic and global level. However, this realization would increase privacy infringement, as personal information is extensively used in the NFC technology. One example of such privacy infringement would be the case of credit card information hacking by POS terminal based on KS X 6928, standard. we proposed a secure transaction authentication scheme based on enhanced signature RTD in NFC payment service environments to using signature RTD standard and KS X 6928 standard.
- Long Short Term Memory Recurrent Neural Network Classifier for Intrusion Detection
- Due to the advance of information and communication techniques, sharing information through online has been increased. And this leads to creating the new added value. As a result, various online services were created. However, as increasing connection points to the internet, the threats of cyber security have also been increasing. Intrusion detection system(IDS) is one of the important security issues today. In this paper, we construct an IDS model with deep learning approach. We apply Long Short Term Memory(LSTM) architecture to a Recurrent Neural Network(RNN) and train the IDS model using KDD Cup 1999 dataset. Through the performance test, we confirm that the deep learning approach is effective for IDS.
- Performance Evaluation of Firmware Cryptographic Modules on Various MCU Environments
- With the development of IoT(Internet of Things), the combination of ICT(Information and Communications Technologies) is active in devices and systems on off-line and the Hyper Connectivity Age is becoming. This provides convenience and usefulness to users, at the same time provides threats of IT security issue to users. It is possible to utilize the cryptographic module in order to solve the security problems. However applying a cryptographic module in legacy devices gives considerably greater effect on the limited resource of devices and system itself. So it is necessary to select an appropriate level of device environment in order to solve this problem. Therefore, in this paper, after shipping the firmware cryptographic module in a similar environment to MCU chips well known relatively large, it is trying to measure the processing speed of cryptographic functions and to compare and to analyze. It is expected that there will be able to provide an indication of choice of devices for applying the cryptographic functions.
Tuesday, February 16, 16:50 - 17:10
Tuesday, February 16, 17:10 - 18:30
- A Method of Handling Metamodel Based on XML Database for Software Visualization
- Software visualization shows to extract the architecture from source code. With software visualization, we can improve the software quality due to software modularization and also reconfiguration. To do this, we compose of parser, data analyzer, database management system, and visualizer like a tool-chain for realizing the software visualization. In this tool-chain, we develop the parser named xCodeParser that generate the OMG's Abstract Syntax Tree Metamodel (ASTM) for various language such as C, C++ or Java. In this paper, we propose the metamodel based XML databases to save the ASTM files into the repository. The proposed database is able to handle the data which organized metamodel based on XML database. Improving quality through realizing this visualization helps easily to develop high quality software, to increase reusability, and to reduce maintenance cost.
- Code Complexity on Before & After Applying Design Pattern Through SW Visualization
- Software is actually depended on his/her coding maturity of each developer. Software is inevitably used in all fields due to ICT convergence, which is increasing on the issue of code quality. His/her developer avoids to show source codes to other persons, and also repeats to modify them, which finally makes spaghetti codes. Therefore, it will be possible to increase bug occurrence, and also fall below legibility and understanding of the code. Its code quality is depended on the maturity of a developer. To protect this problem, we apply SW visualization with GOF design pattern to make good design structure. Design pattern is a verified solution to provide with object oriented design. Code complexity is essentially referred to software quality, which has low complexity to easily understand, and has low possible to occur errors. In this paper, the SW Visualization method is applied to compare the relationship between each code complexity Before & After applying design pattern to enhance the quality of codes.
- Twister Platform for MapReduce Applications on a Docker Container
- Twister Platform for MapReduce Applications on a Docker Container.
- Automatic Generation Method of State Transition Mapping Tree
- Automatic Generation Method of State Transition Mapping Tree. Automatic Generation Method of State Transition Mapping Tree. Automatic Generation Method of State Transition Mapping Tree.
- Improve Performance and Throughput of VMs for Scientific Workloads in a Cloud Enviroment
- Today, the latest computing paradigm that can fulfill the rapid growing demand of computational power for scientific workloads is known as cloud computing. Nowadays, scientific community is also interested to take advantage of cloud technology. To run the scientific workloads in the cloud environment required provisioning of logical resources known as virtual machines (VMs). However, there are some significant problems related to performance and throughput of virtual machines. This paper uses the cloud technology for scientific workloads and addresses the issues related to performance and throughput and efficiently provisioned of VMs for scientific workloads in a cloud computing environment. We evaluated the performance and throughput by using HEPSCPEC06 benchmark suite. Our proposed solution combines the four basic techniques to minimize the impact of virtualization and improve the overall performance and throughput of a virtual machine. The results shows that the maximum performance and throughput of virtual machines can be achieved by enabling the hyper-threading, properly assign the number of CPU cores, isolation of cores and pinning of vCPUs cores.
- Performance Analysis of NAS and SAN Storage for Scientific Workflow
- Storage system has evolved considerably from last four decades. It is a fundamental component of any computerized framework. Therefore, performance of this computerized framework is indirectly proportional to its storage system. In order to improve the performance, decentralized storage system is used to provide high availability without single point of failure. In case of scientific world, execution time of scientific applications are considerably high. Moreover, if the storage system will give slower performance then execution time will also increase to calculate the results. Therefore, it is very important to design efficient storage system to extract better performance of the framework. For decentralized storage system of scientific computing facility, NAS and SAN technologies can be used. In order to design efficient storage system, we have to understand the performance difference between NAS and SAN. In this our experiment, we have created NAS and SAN framework and executed copy command of XRootD framework with different data size. XRootD framework stands above of the NAS and SAN storage system. The experimental results show that the SAN gives better performance than NAS.
- Profiling Job Activities of Batch Systems in the Data Center
- Profiling job activities on different batch systems in the data center helps understand the patterns of usage by different users. With these patterns the system administrators in the data center are able to reorganize or rearrange their resources in a way that the overall resource utilization is improved. In this paper, we extract wall and CPU time from job accounting information on different batch systems of which Global Science experiment Data hub Center (GSDC) at Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) provides to its various user communities and we profile job activities of each batch system for months. We evaluate batch system usage and prioritize jobs upon the profiles.
- Effective System Construction for Datacenter Which Uses Multiple Batch Systems
- The system administrator have to understand what kinds of job should be accomplished in own data center or own system. Specially, in the field of fundamental science, to collaboration between computer science and theoretical experiment is most important thing with shift of science research paradigm. In the case of datacenter where supports fundamental science, there are several batch systems to execute own job. That means there are several batch systems in whole system. In this case, some problems are occurred what system admin have to understand operation of whole batch systems and keep those systems in good working order. In this paper, in the data center to using several batch systems, it represent how we can use the whole computing resources in a data center as integrated batch systems.
- Performance Evaluation of Multithreaded Computations for CPU Bounded Task
- The development of multicore and multithreaded processors causes the enhancement of computing performances. In general, these processors bring the whole performance improvement via simultaneous processing of separated modules such as logical module and graphical module. In the single algorithm such as the calculation of a mathematical formula, a multithreaded program can also get the same effect as a distributed processing system. The computing speed can be improved even though there is still the storage limitation. This research evaluates the enhancement of computing performance in the single algorithm. Under the multicore and multithreaded processors, a multithreaded program on the Microsoft Windows will provide some numerical examples of computing speed.
Tuesday, February 16, 19:00 - 20:30
Wednesday, February 17
Wednesday, February 17, 09:30 - 10:50
- Mapping SW Development Process with Safety Process for Safe Software
- Today, it does control and manage hardware depended on software in most of industry (automobile, ship, airplane, nuclear power, defense, communication). Due on this, software errors cause great damage in all industry, which becomes the rise of safe software issue. All software development companies are focused on develop and test software for high quality, and make efforts to get certificate of software quality. But any previous quality certificate cannot deal with either safe software or software safety. For safe software, it makes the minimum of software error for safe software, and is necessary to make predication, sensing, monitoring for an accident. To solve this problem, we suggest to mapping software development process with safe process. This approach makes a safety based multiple development process to extract and remove software risk elements on safe software development. This approach may possibly develop safe software very well, and to predict, sense, and monitor even a critical accident.
- SW Visualization Framework for Safe Software
- It has been increasing software in most applications of most industry fields. Likewise, diverse industries (such as cars, aviation, and medical equipment) not only have adopted software, SW-related safety issues but also have emerged. Despite the concerns over SW quality, the competitiveness of local SW quality has diminished. With Safe SW technology, we need to reduce the socio-economic damages resulting from SW defects, and to enhance the competitiveness in global market. This paper proposes a SW visualization framework to develop error-free and safe software. Software plays pivotal roles in society to the extent that most national infrastructure and large-scale industries rely on SW-based operation control.
- Improving Use Case Point(UCP) Based on Function Point (FP) Mechanism
- The cost of error correction has been increasing exponentially with the advancement of software industry. To minimize software errors, it is necessary to extract accurate requirements in the early stage of software development. In the previous study, we extracted the priorities of requirements based on the Use Case Point (UCP), which however revealed the issues inherent to the existing UCP as follows. (i) The UCP failed to specify the structure of use cases or the method of write the use cases, and (ii) the number of transactions determined the use case weight in the UCP. Yet, efforts taken for implementation depend on the types and number of operations performed in each transaction. To address these issues, the present paper proposes an improved UCP and applies it to the prioritization. The proposed method enables more accurate measurement than the existing UCP-based prioritization.
- Network Operation and Management System for Low-power Wireless Sensor Network
- This paper introduces a network operation and management system for Korean fir ecosystem monitoring. Its purpose is to collect information on the habitat surrounding environment, including soil moisture, tree diameter growth of information, based on wireless sensor network which is one of ICT technology. The environmental information including temperature, humidity, illuminance, Co2, rainfall, soil moisture, soil temperature. The collected information is then transmitted over the air to remote system. We present the system for low-power wireless sensor network. This includes the ability for the monitoring system to realize low power consumption. This technique is essential to monitor the wild environment is not easily accessible.
- Evaluating the Suitability of Color Spaces for Image Steganography and Its Application in Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Image steganography is the art of concealing sensitive information inside cover images. Most of the existing steganographic algorithms use correlated color space such as RGB, where changes to one channel degrade the quality of stego-images due to its strong correlation, thereby making them less suitable for steganography. In this paper, we investigate the suitability of both correlated and un-correlated color spaces for steganography considering time complexity and image quality. Based on this evaluation criteria, we suggest HSV as the most suitable color space for steganography among the four color models including RGB, YCbCr, HSI, and Lab. Furthermore, we propose an imperceptible steganographic method using the chosen color space based on block-wise magic least significant bit substitution which achieves balance between the time complexity and image quality. Our preliminary experimental results not only validate the superiority of the proposed method in terms of computational complexity and image quality but also suggest its potential application for secure transmission of key frames generated during wireless capsule endoscopy.
Wednesday, February 17, 10:50 - 11:10
Wednesday, February 17, 11:10 - 12:30
- Refining an Assessing Model for a Simplified TMM
- Certification models, e.g. CMMI and TMMi, are hard to use most small software development organizations in Korea. Moreover, some companies do not have their own teams in charge of testing. To solve this issue, we propose the assessment method of a simplified test maturity model for small SW development organizations in local environment and. For the proposed assessment method, we consider the environment surrounding the local software industry and development teams, and then determine how to establish the assessment method. We show the proposed assessment method to apply local SMEs for their conditions, and reduces cost and labor as well as shortens the time spent on assessment in contrast to the previous models.
- Visualization for the Assessment Model of an Simplified Test Maturity Model (TMM)
- For enhancing the test quality, it is required to something how to improve Test Maturity Model (TMM). However, the existing TMM has some inappropriate parts to apply TMM in domestic small and medium businesses. This model does not identify deficient documents for achieving test maturity goal of a company. To solve these problems, we suggest a Simplified Test Maturity Model (STTM) to customize a scale-down of TMM (Test Maturity Model) to Korean small and medium businesses. In this paper, we propose a visualized method (that is, Vitamin Bucket model) to measure an assessment process for a Simplified Test Maturity Model. This model can identify lack of activity and goal, and give a guideline how to achieve higher level of test maturity model through a visualized assessment process.
- Emotion Evaluation Analysis and System Design of Biosignal
- In today's society, pursuit of quality of life is manifested through the use of digital technology. Multimedia, or fusion of information have become ubiquitous and communication efficiency is emphasized. Human sensitivity can be considered as a one-dimensional emotion. Digital cultures have tried to realize an affective communication among humans, products, and the environment. In this paper, we present a method on how to analyze and fix human sensitivity using physiological signals such as Electroencephalogram (EEG), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Photoplethysmographic (PPG), Respiration (RESP) and Galvanic Skin Response (GSR). Using the proposed method, we get better results in evaluating the emotional sensitivity of humans.
- Network Assistance to Localization and Mapping for Outdoor Augmented Reality in Cellular Network
- A mobile device performs localization and mapping processes for an augmented reality (AR) application. In an outdoor environment, the mobile device requires more computing power to compute a camera's location and pose in real-time, to construct a 3D point cloud, and to render virtual images. However, the resources (e.g., processor, memory) of the mobile device are limited. With advances in cloud computing and 4G wireless network technologies that provide a 100 Mbits/s transmission rate with guaranteeing the latency of 40 ms, network assistance can be considered to avoid complex computations at the mobile device. In this paper, network-assisted methods to the localization and mapping processes are introduced in a cellular network environment
- Network Connectivity of IPTV STB Low Power Mode
- In this paper, an implementation of remote waking-up Personal Computers (PCs) through UDP and Wake On LAN (WOL) is presented. With the implementation, PCs can be suspended while it is in idle time. Also, PCs can be waked up interactively from remote site when users want to perform required tasks. There is a few barriers to wake a PC up from remote site using WOL. By providing a solution for the barriers, PCs can be in low power states while required tasks can be performed as necessary after the wakeup. Proposed implementation can be applied to IT devices that have similar architecture and communication interface to PCs.
- Network Interworking Mechanism to Reduce Standby Power of Set Top Box in Smart Home
- In this paper, activation pattern based standby mode scheduling is proposed for reducing power consumption of a set-top box during standby state where a set-top box does not receive broadcast services. The set-top box with the standby mode scheduling finds mainly used time (i.e., when users mainly uses the set-top box) and seldom used time by analyzing record of its activation pattern. The set-top box saves power consumption by scheduling passive standby mode (i.e., the lowest power mode) during seldom used time, and reduces time for activating by scheduling active standby mode during mainly used time.
- Video Motion Analysis for Landscape Image Abstraction
- Painterly rendering is one of Non-Photorealisitic rendering skills that seems similar to paintings using 2D or 3D model data. We can notice from paintings that painters observe the scene in a short or long time when they draw. However, there are some limits in previous works using single image. They cannot emphasize attributes of objects such as motion. In this paper, we use observative information. For this, we first analyze motion, color, and position information from the inputted scene. From this information, we classify the objects. And then rendering depend on analyzed information. This skill has an advantage to simulate landscape paintings.